Skip to main content

My goal for 2021

What's your plans for 2021? 

I wrote a review about my 2020. It's really bland, isn't it? It's one of the shortest review I compared it with those written in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016. The highlight for 2020 was actually me changing my job. The pain and anguish travelling (while having kids) had been weighing down on me previously, and I'm so glad I had put that behind me with the job change. This reminded me that's no point staying in a job (or a situation) that's not aligned with what you want. Just have to let go, and believe that something better will come. It may just take some time. 

I was thinking hard what would be my goals or plans for 2021. It is not related to finance, career, and so on. In fact, when I looked at my goals here, there's nothing in there that I want to achieve. I have wrote those goals years ago, and well priorities have changed, or perhaps I know myself better. Time to revamp those goals. =)

My goal for 2021 is actually very simple, but NOT SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time). Instead, it is ART (achievable, realistic and time- bound). 

My eldest daughter will be in K2 next year. I realized that would be the last year when we could go out anytime we want, not limited by school holidays and some school activities. And it just dawned on me, how fast time has past. So my goal for next year is to treat it like a vacation. Anytime I am free, just bring her out to the beach, for staycation, to the zoo, museum, or simply just going to the playground. Else we could just laze at home watching TV, drawing, painting, origami, or anything. All I want for her next year is to enjoy herself. 

It won't be long before she will be on the hamster wheel of our school system, with a schedule imposed on her, and I would be the one accommodating to her schedule. It makes me sadder when I thought of when we would have the luxury of time in future. 

Must remind myself not to fall into the trap of preparing my kids for primary one, and miss this golden period of just being together. 

How about those of you who had kids in primary school or going to primary school next year? What did you do when they were in K2? Let me know.

This post is a short one, as that's all for my goal for 2021. It's just enjoy and relax. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After 2 years of Sabbatical from Work, THIS IS IT!

I took a sabbatical from the corporate work back in end 2021. It's going to be my 2-year anniversary for my sabbatical. But , it's time to get serious earning money full-time. Here's why... Meeting Passive Income Objective I haven't been working, and my income was mainly contributed by my passive income from dividends/stocks . If it goes as it is, my passive income this year should be about $2000/ month , or about $24,000 a year. This is $6000 up from last year. Going at this rate, I should grow at $6000/ year. Just like GDP which is always reported as an increment rather than at absolute amount, so does passive income growth, doesn't it? The amount of cash that I have, has slowly been used for invested. And to meet the growth target, it's basically increasing the returns, putting more into the investments, or both. At my comfort level, I'm going with increasing the amount invested. This means finding fresh funds. A full-time job should solve this problem

I worked NOT in 2022 - Here's my income report and lessons learnt

It's late January of 2023, and while it seems a bit late to talk about 2022, it's probably a year where I should pen down because it's different from the rest.  2022 was a year where I worked not at all since I graduated, and I wanted to pen my thoughts. For curiosity sake, I typed in my topic into the chatGPT, and this was what it gave: Well, how do you find ChatGPT's year? I would rate ChatGPT's response as highly excellent. If I were some student writing some journal entry just to submit for as homework, I'll probably submit this. But while AI can help us with general task, it cannot be us, unless we feed in enough inputs for it.  So below is my version, of how 2022 was, a year where I worked NOT. My Income For 2022 Below is a chart showing my income for 2022. And they are broadly divided into 3 sources: Interest from bonds (including the Singapore saving bonds, but excluding T bills), dividends and T- bills. My Income for 2022  The 6 months T-bills become

Passive Income Report YTD and Plans forward

I worked not this year, and here's my income for the first 3 quarters of 2023: My income comes from 3 sources: Interest income from T bills,  Interest income from bonds (which includes Singapore Saving bonds and other retail bonds), and  Dividends (mainly from STI ETFs, with some other stocks). This year was an improvement from last year's income ( read here ), not because of what I've done this year, but from what I've  done last year - delayed gratification. Even more delayed gratification, was from the saving I accumulated since I started working.  Grateful to myself for having few material desires.  If $2000 is the minimum survival sum, I probably survived 62.5% of the time. If I average out the 8 months, I met the minimum survival sum on a monthly basis. My goal for this year is to hit $24,000 passive income, and with 66.7% of the year passed, I'm 70% there. June has been the best month to date, and as you can see, it's contributed mainly through intere