I haven't written here for years, and I'm restarting this blog.
Recently, my son was absent from school. Instead of messaging his teacher that he's absent as he is not well, I first told ChatGPT to draft a message to the teacher telling him that my son is unwell and will be absent from school that day. Then I took ChatGPT's response and messaged the teacher. What could have been a simple one-step process, became a 2-step process. Was I more efficient in this case? Not really, because I had to tell ChatGP the reason, my son's name and the teacher's name to draft the message. Had I written the message directly, I would have used the same amount of time. Had I become more effective in my communication with the use of AI? Definitely not for this case. It's a simple message and little room for miscommunication. On second thought, I couldn't understand why I did what I do. Can you?
And this is a motivation for me to restart this blog that I have not written for years. This is an absolutely ancient blog, started before the age of AI, where I've to type every single word out. Typing till here made me realized how long I have not typed every single word something by myself for a long time. I am so used to giving bullet points and asked for paragraphs from AI that this feels surreal.
While AI is really good for writing -- something that I am not really good at, I am determined to continue churning out words and sentences by myself, and that's simply why I am restarting this blog.
Because I'm not AI, pardon me for the grammar and spelling errors if you spot any, but I can assure you, every single letter you see is typed by yours truly.
No comments:
Post a Comment